PTN-AAF is a non-profit association, and was established to organize and support all initiatives aimed on promotion and development of research and training programs provided for or by professionals in the field of adapted physical activity. PTN-AAF plan to achieve its purposes by:
- organizing conferences, symposia and scientific/professional meetings
- encouraging and supporting studies and publications in reviewed national and international journals from the area of adapted physical activity, disability sport, physiotherapy, adapted physical education and therapeutic recreation
- supporting and promoting both basic and advanced staff training in the field of adapted physical activity
- monitoring quality of research and professional training provided by PTN-AAF
- supporting PTN-AAF members initiatives, especially with regard to cooperation with other institutions, organizations, associations etc.
- disseminating information on research from the field of adapted physical activity and their practical application for individuals with special needs.